Things started out well, meaning he got up and wasn't nervous. Although he did come in at 5am and ask that I go in and pray with him. Luckily he fell back to sleep. I didn't (hence the above babbling) then we got dressed. He hasn't worked much on buttoning his jeans I guess. He either wears the snap kind or track pants, both options this morning were buttons, and he wasn't getting it through the hole by himself. Guess I should have worked on that more, but it's summer, give me a break!! Then I didn't allow enough time for me to get ready too, so I went to school with a half wet shirt. Cozy. cool.
I wasn't prepared for the welcoming at school. I am not sure if its because I was walking outside a few blocks in the wind, or if I shed a tear, but as we walked down the red carpet with all the staff lining both sides cheering and clapping, a small wet thing dripped down my cheek. Disclaimer.. my eyes do water all the time outside.. I get this from my mom.
Then we ran into a bazillion people we know, and that was fun. We found his classroom and he ran in to show me his locker and desk . I snapped a few pics and filled out the paperwork and we left.As we were walking out the door and down the block, Chuck says, "That wasn't bad at all"
elijahs's first day of kindergarten
now that that's over, wow! maybe i will have time to update the rest of my life.. there has been much excitement at the smith compound. We celebrated Elijahs bday, which isn't till next week, tuesday night. What a good time. Burning calories and having fun at the same time is always good. He shared his party with one of his best friends, so it was double trouble!
the big party
Chuck and I experienced a first in our marriage yesterday. Our first trip to the laundromat. And it was exciting. We spent some time during our date day (aren't I romantic??) washing all the big blankets and comforters etc. The bonus is there were some sweet vintage machines.
vintage laundry
.jpg)
and I have officially been sugared out. I am usually the one who can eat crap and feel fine. That is now over, at the old age of 33 I can no longer do that. Our annual fair field trip proved to me that I cannot eat 2 scones and a cinnamon and sugar elephant ear for dinner. Not a good choice. I am going to have to eat less sugar, my body is mad at me. I think I will start after labor day. I need to ease into it. At least I still have my salt!
fair friends
I had two places I really wanted to go this summer. The jetty and forest park. In a weird twist of events. I made it. Wierd meaning Dawn planned them and then told me to come. Ha. What are friends for. the jetty did not meet my expectations. Maybe it was the day. the water was like a mile out and the birds dive bombed my head all day. the sand fleas were horrible, jumping all over! I am willing to try again next year. The sprinkler park was great.
evidence of my outings
mom came up last weekend to help me with a project, or actually ..to do the project. i am not so good at this stuff. She is much better. I bought an old dining room light at the thrift store for $8 and wanted to make it into a beautiful chandelier for eden's room. It was a process. Mom went to three bead stores to get what I needed. The hard work paid off.
re purposing the relic
Jamie,
ReplyDeleteI had tears in my eyes reading about Elijah's first day and remembering all those feelings and fears. How cool that they gave the kids such a warm welcome! Just wait until it's Edens turn...when it's the last kid its really hard. I cried for a week!
While I have no personal experience in the matter I am glad that you are getting personal experience. That way when it is my turn I can have someone tell me that it will be okay and to stop being OCD. I can already see it will be a problem.
ReplyDeleteThe pictures were great and your narrative was amazing. Thanks for the glimpse into the Smith family events. And I am still totally lovin' the light! Perfection.
Tiffany
Yay! I am glad it went well.
ReplyDeleteFun photos, thanks for sharing.
-Nancy
Your post could actually make me want another child, LOL! Since Ryann is a official 1st grader and I won't have that moment ever again, sigh! It's all good, God has much more for my days ahead! Love the photo's!
ReplyDeleteRenee