1. the rain
curse me if you want, but I love the rain. I am so glad I am not camping right now. I have the windows open to smell and hear the rain. We got dumped on today. Bring it on!
2. green is making a come back
probably due to number one (above) but I am ready for all green grass
3. a pajama day today
allowed from me to go from this
to this
housework does feel good sometimes. don't tell chuck I said that.
4. pink tulle
my friend angela's little girl turned one yesterday and I was there to capture a few pics, isn't she cute. This was one of two tulle outfits for the big day.
5. purging
out with the old and in with the new
felt so good to get rid of all this today. some to post office , some to thrift store, some to consignment store, some to friends... who doesn't love hand me downs??
6. deep belly laughs
maybe it was because I wasn't on the phone or computer much and I was actually near the kids all day cleaning.. didn't leave the house (hence the pj day), but I heard so many deep belly laughs. the kind you can't reproduce if you tried. I was really wishing I had a video camera. Hopefully by this time next month. I am sure there will be more laughing to be had.
7. new shoes
this should make all womens lists of things that make them happy, right? Okay, please don't leave me comments about being too materialistic.. its a joke... sort of. I got these for Eden on our date Friday. Aren't they too cute? I had a hard time deciding between pink or navy blue. I almost got both. See, i am growing.....
8. new games
elijah got this for his bday this week.
grandma polly gave it to him. thank goodness. Dora scrabble junior was getting old. This is great. Its kinda like charades. You take a card from three different piles and put then together to get your task. If you complete it you get points. they provide all the props etc. For example... but the book on your head and walk over the jig-a-ma-stick. or put the rake between your elbows and walk backwards around the jig-a-ma-stick. The cards are always in different order, so the possibilities are endless. The kids are digging it.
9. don't just do SOMETHING, sit there
this was the title of the sermon this weekend at church. a new perspective on the mary and martha story when Jesus is over for dinner. It was about how so many families in today's society fill their schedules so full that they don't have time to sit and hear from God. They are busy, some with good things, but miss the better things.
10. tomorrow is a special day
Ten years ago tomorrow, chuck and I met (were introduced) at the Arlington movie theatre. It was stinky and sticky and dark. He said " I think I go to your church" I said " nice pick up line, punk" and the rest is history... and you know what.. I love punks!
1) I LOVE pajama days
ReplyDelete2) I think women will always love to shop...I think it is built in. (and love the shoes)
3)Wasn't that pastor's sermon great?
4) I am laughing at the story of your meeting..hadn't heard that exchange before
Stacey
Where did you get the shoes? Those are so stinking cute! Of course Kevin has nicknamed me "marcos", I build outfits around the shoes for my kids, yikes!
ReplyDeleteRenee
what a cute baby!
ReplyDeleteOMG...It has been soooo long and your kids are getting so big! They are beautiful!!! I knew that some day you would say it and you did!! Cleaning does feel good!!! YAY!! So to make you feel beter my house is a mess and I know it must be dusty behind my washer and dryer and I am ok with that now! :0) I miss you and look forward to reading your blog, Chrissy Rientjes :0)
ReplyDelete