9.27.2009

10 things I L-O-V-E ...{Sunday}

well, last sunday I was asking for help choosing a name, and this sunday I am here to report that not only do we have a name.. focal point photography, but

1. I got my state business lic and stanwood business lic

on line, not in the mail yet... I am feeling very official


2. I got my insurance set up and my bank account (isn't my bank bag cute?)
no money in it, and spending a ton. I figure it will take till the end of the year just to pay back all the expenses... who knew this was such a process

3. I met with a CPA friend who gave me the accounting for dummies speech
she is a gem and has been holding my hand through all the steps so far.. thanks darrcie.. she has been so patient with me... especially when I didn't know I had to charge sales tax.. I never claimed to be a smart one... just that I like to take pictures. I am learning these are two very different things.

4. I have a logo in the works and am meeting with the web site/blog on line ordering whiz kid on thursday

don't worry, I will reveal the great logo here as soon as I get it back from the designer

5. have had some fun shopping for props
(ikea daytrips... a write off... I love this business owner stuff :)

6. will be on the look out for best place to print business cards and other paper paraphernalia
I was told costco business center, got to check into that, if I thought my normal control freak house wife to do list was long...

7. neglected my kids more than ever before...
.. oh wait, this is supposed to be a list of things I love... ugh... sorry, off topic. This juggling act is tough because there is so much to learn so fast... good thing it will settle down once I have a general business understanding

8. did get a couple cute pics with my new camera,
but going to focus on setting my menu's and reading my manual tonite and tomorrow.. just in time for my first two shoots. monday is family photos, tuesday is senior pics... dirt bike and skate park will be so fun.
9. went to the hill with sis this week on the whole eating thing
I told her she couldn't get down till she finished her lunch, I slapped on my headphones and worked on business stuff... this way I couldn't hear her whining and complaining.... then I looked over at her at the table.. maybe 10 minutes later... she was out... totally drooling on her chair... so much for making a point... she got out of eating her lunch once again.
10. decided to do a holiday photo special.. click on the pic to read the specifics

2 comments:

  1. This is ALL so exciting! I can't wait to see it all come together into an amazing journey for you!!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is so dang cute! I love it, I guess she got you! LOL! That would so be my daughter! Looks like fun Jamie, you will be wonderful at this!

    Renee

    ReplyDelete