9.20.2009

10 things I L-O-V-E ...{Sunday}

1. must read post from last night
I need your help, please scroll down and vote or email me

2. tabasco has it's place


elijah had to have this on his tongue today, he "tricked" someone into doing what he wanted them to do. i got to/had to explain that tricking on purpose is the same as lying. and then we had to follow through on the consequences... hot sauce on his tongue. there was less drama this time. maybe because he is getting older, or maybe i just got lucky. it has been at least a year since we had to do this.

3. yummy homemade applesauce


my mom came up and made the most delicious applesauce.. i cannot eat enough of it. she also made great quiche and I made snickerdoodles. and we went to taco time and ate crustos there, and she made homemade crustos. What else do you do with the left over pie crust from the quiche? I ate way to much this weekend. And I haven't exercised in two weeks. I might as well just give up on loosing weight. although, the biggest looser started this week, and that is always inspiring...

4. lola's
chuck and I went to Lola's (in seattle) on wednesday for our date. They were on food network for their delicious donuts. So, after getting a recommendation from friends, we went down to try them out. delicious. served warm with berry compote and vanilla marscopone and cinnamon and sugar (we do have a photo, but chuck has it on his phone and is not home) after lolas we went to burgermaster for dinner. burgers, milkshakes, and fries. Refer back to number 3 and the eating too much. I guess it has been a week long binge. ugh. someone please help me!

5. new routines
loving the fall and the routines. I am still trying to get the school mornings perfected, but we are on our way. life group started last week, so we are back in the saddle with everything now. I am trying hard to not overschedule outside activities. With just school, swim lessons on tues, and life group, MOPS, and daddys crazy schedule, we are pretty busy. The leaves are starting to fall from the trees in the back. lots of crunchy leaves. It is really coming. Bring on the hot spiced cider and pumpkins.

6. eden is growing up so fast


yikes!! It is starting to set in, she is going to preschool and then it will be kindergarten, and then prom. I feel like there is so much to teach her and especially since she is a girl. It is tough being a woman. This pic is from tonite. We went to the park to have a picnic dinner, but she couldn't obey.told you she had a lot to learn. she just can't seem to eat an entire meal. unless its cookies or treats. she wouldn't eat her cheese sandwhich. she even had to forgo the pop and cookie. she didn't care. she wasn't going to eat. So, she and I sat in the car and watched Elijah play at park. Warmer, but not good for taking his picture.

7. elijah is a sponge


he is learning so much at school, wants to read books, wants to sing new songs, wants to.. I just can't keep up with him. precisely why I don't homeschool :) He told me this week that he loves math. Learn something new everyday- huh? Today he wanted me to teach him to hula hoop. I can't do it. He reminded me how good Aunt tiffany is at it. I suggested that maybe she can give his lessons. These are him trying it on his own. He latered offered to teach me. Good thing there was no adults here to take those pictures!

8. I am super stoked my hubby is coming home tomorrow
4 nights and 5 days... I am ready to see him. hopefully in one piece, without major blisters, and refueled. I know guy/girl trips are good on so many levels. i am glad mine don't require carrying all my stuff on my back up the side of a mountain

9. new toy
I finally got my new camera. I am stoked. Now I just need time to learn how to use it.

10. I am meeting with a friend/advisor this week to figure out all the business stuff
I know nothing about business and laws and taxes, and I can't just pocket money from my photo shoots, so I am hoping to gain inforamtion and education and get the ball rolling legally this week. Chuck is very anxious to quit his second job at the first of the year. Shh.. don't tell his boss. He wants to just work one job, for the first time in our 10 years together, except when he was gone for four months at recruit school. So, that means me making some of the family income. or me stop eating and shopping and playing. I chose the get a job route. Much more to come on this when I have it all figured out.

3 comments:

  1. Love the hula hoop pics, and the expression on his face. Too bad he didn't ask grandma. I was the hula hoop champ at recess in the 5th grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO what does Eden think of photo shoots when she's in trouble...there may be family counseling someday over that one...ha! Great photo...that is a moment we don't often capture...
    The hula hoop shots are amazing, wow! He is so fun! I can not hula.
    So Tuesdays...you know where I'll be if Lola is not nice, and there is the Seattle 5K after Thanksgiving if you're game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We thought about you and #2 on your list above last night when Ian, after devouring his "mild" salsa with a spoon (chips apparently aren't efficient enough), scooped his soup spoon in "mommy's salsa". He reacted with an exclamation that it was "too hot", tried to rub his tongue, but aside from the aftermath Mrs. Hansen experienced on the other end today, he came away more or less unwavering in his affinity for Mexican Ketchup.

    Mmm...tasty!

    ReplyDelete