So, Elijah broke out in some rash last night and I thought it could be 5th disease. we think Eden had that two weeks ago. But, this morning his rash looked different than hers had. Then it seemed to be small circles. I was thinking chicken pox. When chuck got home from work Elijah was covered in something and itching up a storm. Since i have the whole week planned out, including having extra kids over, I thought I better find out what was going on. chuck took him to the doctor. They made us use the side employee only door and got us in right away with no wait. I guess the mere mention of chicken pox the week before school starts get their attention. It turns out that he does not have chicken pox, but hives. Really bad ones. I have never seen hives before, and I don't like them. they got really bad this afternoon and then after the Benadryl kicked in, he looked like a different kid. Now all the spots and rashy spots are back. Chuck took some pics, look close I think you can see some of it. this was not on my agenda!!!
8.24.2009
hives?
So, Elijah broke out in some rash last night and I thought it could be 5th disease. we think Eden had that two weeks ago. But, this morning his rash looked different than hers had. Then it seemed to be small circles. I was thinking chicken pox. When chuck got home from work Elijah was covered in something and itching up a storm. Since i have the whole week planned out, including having extra kids over, I thought I better find out what was going on. chuck took him to the doctor. They made us use the side employee only door and got us in right away with no wait. I guess the mere mention of chicken pox the week before school starts get their attention. It turns out that he does not have chicken pox, but hives. Really bad ones. I have never seen hives before, and I don't like them. they got really bad this afternoon and then after the Benadryl kicked in, he looked like a different kid. Now all the spots and rashy spots are back. Chuck took some pics, look close I think you can see some of it. this was not on my agenda!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yuck...It's never in our plans!! Trust me I know :-) Sorry Jamie. I will be praying for you guys.
ReplyDeleteYour not using different soap are you...body or laundry?
Amanda
Hives...? Those aren't "hives"... that's an outbreak of Cooties!! He must've gotten too close to either you or his sister!! Better stay away from us!! Yikes!!...
ReplyDeleteI LOVE his expression on the first picture - he couldn't look more ridiculous if he tried... hahaha!
UGH! Poor guy! That sounds/looks terrible! Hopefully it clears up soon. I wonder if it was something that the woods had to share.
ReplyDeleteI just got the sympathy itches...people at work are going to wonder.
Tiffany
Looks like a food reaction to me. you should think what he ate that day and write it down to compare if it happens again. Poor guy!
ReplyDeleteStacey