7.03.2010

june happenings

So, its the 3rd of july already? June was a blur. a good blur. Here are some highlights.

elijah lost his second tooth



the first came with so much pomp and circumstance, and the second tooth was no big deal. I came home, Elijah smiled. I noticed it was gone. I asked him about it. he said, "oh yeah, eden and I were wrestling and she accidentally kicked me in the mouth and it flew out. I thinks it on the carpet." that was it, he ran off. I was sad I missed it. I thought it should be something a mommy witnesses. I guess he is growing up. he will be in first grade next year, so i will miss a lot of moments. deep breath.

elijah's end of the year field trip


all 4 kindergarten classes went to kayak point. insane. he had a blast playing with the kids and running amuck.

eden's daddy date


towards the end of the school year we were busy with elijah stuff. We wanted to make sure Eden wasn't getting lost in the shuffle. chuck took her on a date day. I tagged along for a small part just to capture some pics. then back to the books. I am in a photography class and have lots of homework to do.

the big reveal


my friend angela is pregnant again and she wanted to do something special to announce the gender. During her ultrasound, she had the tech put the gender of the baby in an envelope. on her way home, she dropped it off at a friends house. Dawn, the friend, made a cake with pink filling and then brought it to the big reveal party. we ate dinner and anxiously awaited the dessert. I actually peeked. I had to know since I was behind the camera, I didn't want to miss the moment. Anyway, angela and peter cut into the cake... its a girl. woot woot. here are some of the guests at the partay.




a big deal


we got rid of our tv cable ..hopefully just for the summer. this has been quite an adjustment. we are so used to watching one of our shows after the kids go to bed. I have enjoyed it so far. I have taken some online classes and read. two things I have missed. this picture above is us sitting in bed watching TV on our laptops. ha! we don't need no stinkin cable!

elijah graduates from kindergarten





what a fun afternoon for the kids. he was in his glory. at the end of the day Mrs Neuman told each kid who they would have for first grade and then paraded down the hall to meet thier new teacher. It was awesome. he got to see where he would be going, who was in his class, and just feel more comfortable about the whole thing.


Mrs Lenz, his first grade teacher, is a family friends from a community theater group from way back when i was a kid. So i guess that makes her moms friend, not mine. She didn't recognize me, but when I told her who I was, she was delighted. the first thing she did with the kids is pick up her guitar and start singing. Elijah asked if he could get up and dance. They will be quite the pair.

settlers


must mention again how much I like this new game. we are now addicts and are trying to teach all our friends. If you play, let me know.


first fruits


Chucks garden is doing well. I was not sure how things would grow out in our neck of the wood. We have already eaten fresh cilantro and chives and strawberries. So fun.

bye bye burb


our $700 monthly gas bill and squeaking brakes got the best of us. We had to trade in the suburban before it cost us an arm and a leg. We downsized. not sure how it will work out, but for now am optimistic. We are now the owners of a toyota camry.

it only has 50K miles, so hopefully it can be Elijahs car! Man, that sounds weird, he is only 6.

Philippines
still hoping to get all the teams pics together and post some, but we did get a thank you letter out to those who responded to our support letter earlier this month. Here it is if you want to see it.



battle
with all this gloomy weather we have had lots of time to do inside things. like battle. and make cookies.



rolling



the kids have been saving for over a year for our big trip to silverwood. big in the sense that they have never been there, or to disneyland, or wild waves, or anything of the sort. So, they are so excited. they check the website to look at pics of the rides and just can't wait. we finally emptied the change jars and helped them roll the coins... they had huge grins carrying the coins into the bank. shoulda got a picture of that. super cute. grand total... $73.

we are leaving next weekend for our first camping trip of the summer, in our car! ha! Guess I will have to start learning to pack light. ha! Here's hoping July will bring sunshine and much much more regular blog posts. and funny ones at that. this seems very informative. guess the out of towners will be in the know now.

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done, thanks! Love to see your pics. The climbing toy at the picnic looks fun. I'm surprised you weren't stroking out with Elijah at the top. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! I am an "in towner" and I sometimes feel like I miss a lot. I guess with as busy as we both are we would have to have a post like this every day to always be fully caught up. ;)
    Can't wait for the "more blog posts" (I know, I know...I am NOT one to talk...but I do have a new one today and have 3 waiting to be posted...I'll do better too) - I love reading about your fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids had a Silverwood Jar last summer and they collected a little over $100 in change...they started another one right when we got back. :)Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie.... This is September....

    ReplyDelete