he flew in last night and the kids and I decided to go down to meet him.
they worked hard on signs.


they have never been inside the airport, so it was super exciting for them.
they loved driving up the parking garage ramps, going in those circles, we parked on the 5th floor, it was as many loops as I could take before emptying the contents of my stomach all over the car.
next was the elevator. elijah got to press the down button to get the elevator to our floor, and eden got to push floor 4, the floor with the sky bridges.
ah, the sky bridge. we could see below us, sheer excitement. lots of skipping and laughing.
then... wait for it... an escalator, which is only the second time they had ever been on one of those. we went down to baggage claim.
snack shack spotted.... off to pick out a treat.. because it had only been like 20 minutes since we had dinner at rainforest cafe... so of course they were starving.
I checked the monitor which told me the flight was in customs and the luggage would be at baggage claim track 1. One, who knew it went down so far. so we skipped and giggled and ran all the way down the airport. to section one. which was empty and quiet. perfect.
found a seat in the corner... opened the candy.. got our signs out and ready... but was expecting a long wait.
got a call from chuck he was walking past claim 6 and would be there in seconds... what... I didn't have a chance to get any pictures, or the camera set... oh well... we just wanted to see him
At last... chuck is in sight... and the rest of the team.





and of course, our first stop.... can you guess....

If you are looking for a formal update. all I know is he had the time of his life and can't wait to go back in two years.... he slept last night and was up for a few hours this morning.. back to sleep around noon. Eden is dying to wake him in 5 more minutes. more updates and pics to come soon. thanks for all your prayers.
Those pictures are priceless! The signs? AMAZING! Your children? TOO CUTE!! Eden's braids??? I'm dying. They are SO cute! I am glad to hear he is home safe. Thank you for the update. I cracked up roughly 5 times during this...which is sort of a problem because I had my mouth FULL of salad all 5 times (don't judge...I'm starving). ;)
ReplyDeleteSee you guys soon.
~Tiffany
What a precious homecoming!! I got a little misty at the sight of those adorable kids with the look of pure anticipation to reunite with their hero - Daddy!! Way to go mom!!
ReplyDeleteYou captured the homecome beautifully!
ReplyDeleteStacey
By changing the pics to black and white, you can't see Eden's lovely green fingernails she had painted! But, the smile is just as bright. I think dad's is the biggest though. Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteMom