1. I purged 16 shirts (t shirts, not undershirts) from Chucks dresser while he was at work. now maybe the drawer will shut. Don't worry, I left 20 in there. He collects shirts. Really way too many shirts. i may do the closet tomorrow.
2. quiet lego play is very rewarding. He is expanding his mind and I am not loosing mine. its a win win situation (little sister is sleeping)
3. the sound of lawn mowers outside really makes me think spring is here and that means flowers and yardwork and kids playing outside. wa hoo.
4. this fabulous new journal is right up my alley. courtesy of my sister in law. who wouldn't love this gift? I have started journaling again. very therapeutic.
5. funny kid moments have been happening all around me and I have done a terrible job of writing them down. which is supposed to be the point of this blog. I want to have documentation of the funny things they say. i usually do call my mom, so hopefully she is logging them. here is one... I have been trying to teach Eden to wipe better after using the potty. no one wants to sit in a drop of pee on the seat. So, after spying one the other day on my toilet seat, i called her in the bathroom. I showed it to her and explained that I do not want to see this again. She looked at me with this upset look and said "mom, if they wouldn't put the toilet paper so far away from me, I could reach it. I have to get off the potty to grab some and I can't help the drip." Oh, the things we take for granted as adults. It was priceless. I thought about giving her a 10 minute sermon on why grabbing the wad of white Charmin ahead of time would help, but then remembered she is four. i need to have realistic expectations. quick fix- she should use the tiny bathroom near her room because the toilet paper is right next to the toilet. no go go gadget arms necessary. (didn't think you would want a picture of this, actually this whole story may have been too much information, but I thought it was a good learning moment)
6. warm baths are great on so many levels... one- to help bedtime. two- to help me update my blog. three- to keep her clean
7. FEAR. I learned this great acronym for fear (thanks wendi for passing it along)
F- false
E- evidence
A- appearing
R- real
a great scripture to go along is Isaiah 41:10
8. sat at the silvana swap meet friday and saturday with the cutest booth ever. check it out. it was some great people watching. too bad none of them wanted headbands or photo shoots.or felt clipies or baby hats. or wine bags or cabbage patch kid clothes. if you see anything in these pictures you can't live without, i can hook you up. all things are made by my friend wendi, my mom, or my sister in law (same one who bought me the cute owl journal)
9. ah ha moment in this weekends sermon.. wait for it.... we need needy people so that we can use our gifts. Who knew? I always wondered why it seems all the annoying and needy people (myself included) seem to congregate at church. I heard it explained so well. i had heard the "we all have different gifts and need to use them" sermon before. the part that hit home was the fact that in order for those to show mercy and compassion and for those to teach and everything else, they need people in the body to serve and use their gifts. Ah.. that really gives me a new way to think about things. I should be so much slower to speak and quicker to listen and think about all this stuff.
10. i have just about the best friends ever.. cheesy but true. I have really been thinking about that lately and what a blessing it is. I have the kind of friends who ask the hard questions, who point out the extra pounds and tell me to eat less, the kind who help me raise my kids, the kind who drive 30 minutes out of their way to help me out, the kind who listen to me when i cant get ahold of Chuck, the kind who aren't afraid to talk money, and the kind who love me through it all. And trust me, that ain't no walk in the park. Thanks girlies.
**oh and one last thing. Do you know someone who needs new pictures of her kids or a new family picture. i am on the hunt for a deserving mom. I want to bless someone with a free shoot for mothers day. Please nominate someone. head over to my work site and tell us all about your deserving mom. ***
No comments:
Post a Comment